May 16, 2017
Had to have one of my favourite
humans on the show for a second time. As I move deeper into my
personal work with Benny Ferguson I wanted him to dive deeper into
the unique and potent movement principles that he teaches. Through
his teachings people all over the world move beyond movement fads
and find a system that gives them access to releasing tension,
increasing mobility, embodying strength and cultivating
flexibility; all in a way that works uniquely with their body. With
a focus on understanding gravity and how it flows through the body
Benny and I go deep into the physiology and intention evolutions
that come with developing a personal practice that leads to a body
that is tension free and ready to engage with life in a dynamic and
personalised fashion. Strap yourselves in and be ready to take your
movement practice to another level as we chat and laugh our way
through a beautiful discussion about movement and the human
NOTE: If you wish to skip my ranting
intro talking about the media and pro-vaccine mob we had come down
on us during the tour… skip to 30mins in.
In this interview we dive
- Our past gobsmacked stance on
fascia and how we’ve integrated it into our lives since the first
- How to reclaim natural human
qualities that have been lost.
- Understanding the capacity of the
nervous system to communicate information and how to enhance
- How the body works as an
electromagnetic pump, and how the tone its core
- The way your physical structure
and posture communicates with your outside world, children, family,
friends and peers.
- The way we adopt physical
structures and postural imbalances from our parents.
- Holding the intention to make your
last breath a graceful one.
- The nature of uniting body and
mind and what becomes possible when you begin this
- Tapping into just how much
information the body/mind can take in in any given moment and how
to become more proficient at being present to this.
- The connection between posture and
disease and beginning to read the signs so we can make choices
about the direction we take with our body and health.
- How to set multidimensional
boundaries for your body, mind and spirit.
- Merging intention with physical
- The many ways to relate to
- Discipline being the vehicle to
- Benny’s 3 word intention
- Overcoming/working with the
- Movement amidst stillness and
stillness amidst movement.
- Earning the right to move
- Standing meditation and developing
the ability to perceive and release tension.
- Releasing the tissue to gravity to
restore tissue flow, strengthen joints and develop
- Fortifying tissue and joints now
so that you may reduce injury in the future.
- Opening and closing the
- Embodying animal like movement
into human physiology without buying into the current animal
- Create superior balance by
- Yep we covered HEAPS, and there’s
Here's the special 10% offer for
those listening to this interview who want to dive deeper into
This podcast is brought to you by SuperFeast, the online store
bringing you the greatest immune enhancing, hormone balancing and
performance lifting tonic herbs.