Aug 21, 2021
In today's podcast the boys come together to discuss candida
overgrowth, its frequency within the population, the varied
symptomatology associated with this common yeast-like infection and
the strategies you can use to bring the body back into balance.
Mason, Dan and Sage draw on their superior knowledge of this
condition from personal experience, sharing their wisdom from a
traditional Taoist tonic herbal perspective and a functional
The gents discuss:
- The fact that Candida albicans is a naturally occurring
organism within the body and only becomes problematic when
- How chronic use of antibiotics can contribute to the
- How diet and lifestyle practices can help to bring things back
- The common symptoms that candida overgrowth is present, e.g.
chronic fatigue, brain fog, digestive disturbances, weakened
immunity, oral thrush, fungal infections within the the skin and
- The particular clinical tests you can use to investigate and
diagnose candida within your body.
- How you can use your symptoms and health history to identify
whether candida is a problem for you.
- Foods that aggravate the immune system and exacerbate candida
- The importance of food combining in regards to candida.
- Candida from a naturopathic perspective and the clinical
markers used to identify the condition.
- The importance of normalising the body's circadian rhythms and
adrenal response is in regards to healing.
- Candida from a Taoist perspective and what's happening within
the organ systems, particularly the spleen.
- How candida leads to Jing depletion and exhaustion within the
system as a whole.
- The correlation between candida and leaky gut.
- The Jing herbs you can use to rebuild your foundational energy
stores, these include he shou wu, cordyceps, rehmannia, morinda
- The importance of lifestyle factors such as sleep, rest,
breathing practices, nature time and reduced caffeine and sugar
intake to bring combat candida overgrowth.
- The lifestyle tweaks you can use to bring the body back into
its parasympathetic mode so you can heal. Reishi and
Ashwagandha are game changers here.
- How cutting carbs and sugar can help manage candida
- Using fats (ketones) as fuel.
- How herbs such as pau d'arco, chaga and reishi can assist
- The benefits of probiotics and fermented foods such as
sauerkraut and coconut kefir.
- The Body Ecology Diet.
- The importance of sunshine and vitamin D, sweat and
- The herbs and nutraceuticals you can use to break up stubborn
- The importance of supporting the liver with herbs such as
schizandra / schisandra, burdock and dandelion root and st mary's
- The importance of full body detoxification in healing from
- The three phases of liver detoxification and the nutrients
your body needs to successfully complete them.
- The immune boosting powers of medicinal mushrooms when healing
from candida, particularly chaga, reishi, turkey tail, maitake,
- The difference between ground dwelling mushrooms and those that
grow on trees e.g medicinal mushrooms.
- Bringing awareness around the glycemic load of gluten free
products when working to heal candida overgrowth.
- The tests you can use to distinguish candida from other
bacterial loads within the body, particularly the OAT (organic
Blog and Transcript Link: https://www.superfeast.com.au/blogs/superblog/tagged/podcast